Friday, May 21, 2010

Pseudomonas


Kaleb's pulmonologist called today and let me know that Kaleb cultured Pseudomonas. He has cultured this before so I knew what to expect. The doctor said it wasn't very much that was found but he wanted to treat it aggressively. He called in a prescription for Cipro and Tobi for us. He will be on a round of Cipro for 3 weeks, two times a day. He will be on the Tobi for a month, two times a day. His doctor is always out to erradicate the Pseudo right way as soon as he finds it and we have been successful so far. Doc told me to not be freaked out and that this was a normal thing for people with CF and that we are going to get rid of it. He is always so positive and very aggressively proactive. I would be lying if I pretended him culturing something didn't bother me. It always does, very much, but I think occupying myself with fighting it keeps me together. I just want to know what I need to do and I go for it full force. So, back to breathing treatments again...Kaleb is not fond of breathing treatments AT ALL! I just wait until he falls asleep for his nap and bed time to do them, otherwise its a fight...sneaky, sneaky mommy! :)

God bless all the moms out there giving their children the treatments they need due to a disease they have. You are all awesome!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment