Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Outlook


The outlook I try to have on my son's disease is actually pretty simple. I strive to be as positive as I possibly can and hope doing so will affect his outlook when he is older.

I don't want my son to hate his life.

I have read alot of blogs by teenagers and adults with cf. I always have tears streaming down my face when I read them saying how much they hate their life. My heart breaks for them and it always makes me think of Kaleb, of course.

I found out there are adults with cf who have amazing attitudes about their situations and I want to help Kaleb be one of them.

I praise him highly for taking his medicine and doing treatments. I want him to feel like doing these important things are an acheivement. I also want him to feel like all these things he does to keep healthy are just a normal part of life.

My outlook is to keep my baby happy, healthy and to enjoy every second I have with him. Dwell on his accomplishments and showing him the world rather than how long he might live. I am a very lucky person I think and I honestly do not think we have it bad. I do not want to feel sorry for myself and I see myself as blessed. Don't get me wrong I have my moments and I do break down once in awhile. I am not super woman. When I wake up in the middle of the night because Kaleb is coughing in his sleep, I sit there in the dark and watch him, tears streaming down my face. We all have our weak moments and I don't think we could make it if we weren't allowed them once in awhile. If we didn't care we wouldn't worry. But ultimately.....

MY SON HAS CF, CF DOES NOT HAVE HIM and I truly believe that with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment